School Sport Victoria (SSV), as part of the Department of Education and Training (DET), seeks nominations from suitably experienced people to fill the nine vacant positions on the Advisory Committee.
The SSV Advisory Committee supports the strategic management of SSV, including its strategic directions, key programs and stakeholder partnerships.
The SSV Advisory Committee is replacing the current SSV Board, as part of a revised governance model. It will formally commence operation in 2021. A meeting of the Advisory Committee is planned to be held in late 2020, to support the transition from the current SSV Board.
In accordance with the SSV Advisory Committee Terms of Reference, an initial Expression of Interest process will be undertaken to request nominations for the nine vacant SSV Advisory Committee positions. Appointments will be approved by the Chair.
SSV aims to engage more Victorian students in school sport by supporting schools to maximise opportunities for all students to play sport.
SSV's role is to enable students to play sport, champion the value of school sport and connect school and community sport.
SSV's priorities are to enable:
The following information is provided to support nominations:
The nine vacant Advisory Committee positions are as follows:
1. The required skills, experience and/or knowledge for these positions are outlined in the SSV Advisory Committee Role Description.
2. The SSV Advisory Committee membership will comprise of members to ensure a diversity of skills and experience, background, sector representation and gender. SSV encourages people from all backgrounds to apply, including women, Aboriginal Victorians, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, regional areas and people who identify as LGBTIQ+. The Committee shall have a minimum of 40% women.
3. A nominee may nominate for more than one vacant position, relevant to their skills, experience and/or knowledge. A separate nomination form must be submitted for each vacant position.
1. Nominations for the above positions close at 5:00 pm, Tuesday, 20 October 2020 and should be submitted by completing an online Nomination Form.
2. Nominations should include:
A signed Nomination Form, including two referees supporting the nomination
A current resume not exceeding 3 pages, and
A cover letter not exceeding 2 pages, addressing the required skills, experience and/or knowledge relevant for the nominating position.
3. All supporting documents submitted by a nominee will be circulated to the Selection Committee. At its discretion, the Selection Committee may undertake referee checks and/or undertake an interview with the nominee. Any interviews will take place in the week starting from the 26 October 2020.
4. The Selection Committee will prepare a report written to the Chair for approval of the Advisory Committee members.
5. SSV anticipates announcing the SSV Advisory Committee members in early November.
For any queries about this process, please contact Rayoni Nelson, Chief Executive Officer, School Sport Victoria Telephone (03) 9084 9175 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org